It's true, no tears were shed to make all this food. Overall it was a very meditative experience. The key was time management, and listening to my new favorite Julie Delphy CD on re-run over and over and over again, and of course my taste tester and cooking guru (mommy).
I did have some anxiety:
1) My number one anxiety was: is there going to be enough food... at one point I was thinking of making another Cake. I have quiet a starvation complex... and have been know to be like a chipmunk stuffing pancakes in my pockets. Reality check: THERE WAS PLENTY OF FOOD
2)Is my kitchen big enough? This was mostly what other people were saying:" there is no way you can cook for 100 people in your size kitchen." You can look at a post made earlier of me working in my kitchen . That's actually how big my kitchen is: TINY!. But I did it! (even when the dish washer broke I still did it).
3) Will I hit someone in the whole foods parking lot by accident. I am a new driver.... and this was a serious concern.
4) Will a child with a food allergy break out in hives or worse go into shock? There was a serious peanut allergy on the premise... so at the last minute I had to adjust my menu from sesame peanut noodles to the lentil salad.
5) "I CAN'T FIND WHOLE WHEAT ELBOW PASTA AT WHOLE FOODS"... that was a scary moment.
This is a surprisingly short list of my various anxieties considering I probably have a mild anxiety disorder when it comes to other parts of my life. What can I say, cooking calms me down. Cookbooks have always been my preferred literature of choice ( I read them cover to cover like novels). The truth is: unlike standardized tests I have taken, I have been preparing for this party my whole life. Ever since I was a 5, I have been cooking with my mom delicious Vegetarian and Vegan food. We used to pretend we had our own cooking show: Chef Miller was mommy and I was Chef Bedick.... (that's a whole other posting) Stay tuned...
Wah-laaaa!
caio bella
Mollie -- HI HI HI HI It's Ellen Frisina from New York -- I LOVE YOUR BLOG (guess who turned me on to it....your Grandma LIBBIE who has always been your biggest fan! I am awed by your style and sophistication (somehow you'll always be a 7 year old acrobat to me!) and wonderful recipes. I am thrilled to be following you!
ReplyDeleteXO
When did you get to be so hilarious??? I love your blog! And you!
ReplyDelete